Staff at Townside Surgery celebrated 70 years of the NHS! On 5 July 1948 at Park hospital in Manchester (now known as Trafford General Hospital), the National Health Service was born.
70 years later, healthcare has progressed massively, new treatments and cures for illnesses are being developed every day but the ambitions for the New NHS remain as strong today as they were 70 years ago.
Townside Surgery is proud to be part of the NHS and of all our dedicated staff who work so hard to care for our patients in times of need.
2018 is a very special year for the NHS and there are many things you can do to support us:
• Keeping active and eating healthily
• Using NHS services wisely
• Giving blood and signing up to the organ donation register
• Signing up to NHS research programmes
• Consider a career in the NHS
• Supporting NHS charities
More information on the wider NHS celebrations can be found at www.nhs70.nhs.uk.